Due to expansion we currently have a vacancy within our production department for an experienced print graphic designer who is looking to take on their next challenge. Initially working on post-primary textbooks for the Irish market, you will report to the Operations Manager and be responsible for your titles from design and first layout through to published product.
This is an excellent role in a fast growing publishing house with clear opportunities for advancement for the right candidate.
- Designing and typesetting a range of educational texts from initial concept through to layout stages and final, print-ready files.
- Working with commissioning staff and project editors to interpret and improve upon supplied creative briefs and produce fresh, well-structured, consistent designs for the schoolbook market.
- Typesetting manuscripts and placing artwork (experience creating book files and working with stylesheets and master pages an advantage)
- Implementing text and artwork corrections based on editorial proofs (knowledge of BSI proofreaders marks and/or working with PDF mark-up an advantage)
- Advising on required artwork dimensions, quality and formats and managing supplied artwork as appropriate (creation of tifs, downsampling, cropping, etc)
- Working with editors to implement version control and carefully manage book files.
- Offering timely, useful feedback on design and layout work produced out of house.
- Producing a range of marketing and ancillary materials such as brochures, posters, CD onbodies and order forms.
- Preparing final files for print.
- Producing titles on time and within budget.
- Excellent print design, typesetting and time-management skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe InDesign (CS6 or later), PhotoShop and Illustrator.
- Ability to prepare files for print.
- Ability to work on own initiative and also part of a very busy team.
- Ability to co-ordinate various elements required to deliver projects and work across functions effectively.
- Flexible approach.
- At least three years print design experience, some of which should involve book layout.
- Third Level Qualification – Ideally in Graphic Design and/or another qualification in creative media.
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience of educational titles a distinct advantage.
Location: Dublin 12
Renumeration: In line with experience
How To Apply: CV/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 12th May 2017.