Due to expansion we currently have a vacancy within our editorial department for an experienced editor who is looking to take on their next challenge. Initially working on post-primary titles for the Irish market, you will report to the Managing Editor and be responsible for managing your titles through from initial receipt of manuscript through to published product.
This is an excellent role in a fast growing publishing house with clear opportunities for advancement for the right candidate.
- Editing a range of educational titles from initial copyedit through to layout stages and final proof.
- Managing assigned projects and acting as the point of contact for authors, designers and any other project stakeholders.
- Producing titles on time and within budget.
- Copyright clearance/Picture research.
- Assisting the Managing Editor in the creation and management of budgets and schedules.
- Providing regular updates to the Managing Editor and Publisher.
- Ensuring products meet their given specifications in publishing proposals and that all agreed criteria are met.
- Excellent editorial, organisational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and also part of a very busy team.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to co-ordinate various elements required to deliver projects and work across functions effectively.
- Flexible approach.
- At least three years editorial experience, some of which must be at Desk Editor level.
- Third Level Qualification – Ideally a Degree in English and/or another language or a Qualification in Publishing or Education.
- In-depth knowledge of Acrobat, Microsoft Office – particularly Word.
- Experience of educational titles a distinct advantage.
- Experience of the Irish language / editing Irish language materials desirable but not essential.
- Some knowledge of InDesign would be an advantage.
Location: Dublin 12
Renumeration: In line with experience
How To Apply: CV/cover letter to email@example.com by COB Friday 12th May 2017.