The shortlist for the 2015 ABC International Excellence Award for Accessible Publishing has been announced. Nominations were judged on their leadership and achievements in improving the accessibility of e-books or other digital publications to people with print disabilities.
The four publishers were shortlisted were Cambridge University Press, Elsevier B.V, HarperCollins Inc. and SAGE Publications Ltd.
Along with the four shortlisted publishers, four initiatives were also shortlisted:
- Icontact (Netherlands) for its BooXtream watermarking technology
- Libri Italiani Accessibili Foundation (Italy)
- Syndicat national de l’édition (France) for “rentrée littéraire accessible”
- Young Power in Social Action (Bangladesh) for accessible e-book production
The winners in each category will be announced at the LBF International Excellence awards on Tuesday 14 April at the London Book Fair.
- For more information on the Accessible Books Consortium, see- http://www.
- For more information on the LBF International Excellence awards, please see- http://www.londonbookfair.co.
uk/en/Whats-On1/events/by- sector/Block—2015-list/ Submission-link-page/