3 Part Course – Fiction Editing with Niamh Mulvey
- Part 1 – Thursday 13th May – 10am – 12.30
- Part 2 – Thursday 20th May – 10am – 12.30
- Part 3 – Thursday 27th May – 10am – 12.30
This three-part course will provide you with an overview of fiction editing, commercial and literary, including how to assess a piece of writing, developing strategies on character development and maintaining voice, and tips on how to communicate feedback with an author.
This course is for editors interested in working in fiction. Whether you have edited short passages of work or copy for marketing and publicity purposes or just haven’t edited fiction before, this course could help further your career.
Over three days you will learn what’s different about Editing Fiction and cover areas such as categories of fiction, timelines and other plot grids, characterisation recording, marking up dialogue, continuity of plot and using a style sheet. Please note that this is NOT a creative writing course so will be unsuited to authors wishing for information on how best to edit their own work.
Who is this course for?
- Editorial staff and freelancers already working on/interested in working on fiction
- Those looking to work in an editorial role in the publishing industry