Module 2 – Merging Cultures
9 June at 9:30 am – 11:00 am
AIM – To help participants understand the dynamics of a culturally diverse workspace.
This module is designed to help participants explore and understand the dimensions of culture and what happens when cultures merge in a diverse working environment. It will help participants understand and appreciate how our cultural programming can impact the way we interact with and engage with others as either individuals or groups. The module includes an interactive video-based exercise.
An optional addition to this module is to include a Culture Connect profile for each of the participants to the programme. This profile will not only enrich the individual experience but will provide participants with a new tool to help them better understand the culture in their workplace (including colleague interactions, marketing, sales, proposals, international operations etc). I highly recommend including this profile for each participant should your budgets permit.
- Understand what exactly culture is
- Understand our unconscious cultural programming
- Explore the dimensions of culture (directness, expressiveness etc)
- Be able to recognise ‘culture gaps’
- Be able to link cultural awareness to business opportunities
- Be able to recognise and manage cultural misunderstandings/miscommunications
- Understand Cultural mergers in the workplace
- Understand Cultural Beliefs & Values
- Dimensions of Culture
- Intercultural Communications
- Explore the dynamics of merging cultures.