Dalkey Archive Press is seeking candidates for a three-month internship. Suitable candidates will do administrative tasks as assigned, proofreading, and may also be invited to read and critique manuscripts submitted in English and other languages. This internship is a rare chance to learn about literary publishing while gaining valuable experience and getting to read some of the most innovative literature being published today.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Confidence in working independently, with good time management
- A flexible, positive attitude
- A knowledge of contemporary literature and of Dalkey Archive Press
- Proficiency using Microsoft and Adobe software
Interns will be unpaid for the first three months, but a small stipend will be offered upon successful completion of the internship and perhaps further freelance work depending upon performance.
CVs and a very brief cover letter should be submitted no later than January 10th to: John O’Brien, Publisher, obrien@