The Irish Book Trade Conference is a joint initiative from Bookselling Ireland and Publishing Ireland. The annual event will be taking place at The Maldron Hotel, Dublin Airport on the 8th March 2019
We have a packed and varied day planned for booksellers and publishers and are delighted to have headline sponsorship from Bonnier.
Chaired by John Keane, Chair of Bookselling Ireland and Ivan O’Brien, Chair of Publishing Ireland, the programme includes:
- A keynote address from the brilliant TED Talker and Writer, Margaret Heffernan
- A keynote address from Bobby Kerr, Former Chairman of Insomnia Coffee
- A conference film sponsored by An Post
- Nielsen Bookscan Consumer Market Report
- A Publisher Fever Pitch – publishers will line up to pitch their ‘must have’ titles to booksellers -sponsored by Batch Ltd
- Breakout Sessions for both booksellers and publishers sponsored by Unwin Charitable Trust and Argosy
- A talk from author, Adele Parks
- A lunch for all sponsored by HarperCollins
- An update on the economic and political landscape from Jim Power, author of the ‘bookselling in Ireland’ report launched at last year’s Conference
- A Drinks reception and Dinner Dance sponosred by Penguin Random House for those wishing to stay on and continue into the night!
- Refreshments throughout the day sponsored by AIBMS and FBD Insurance
Once again BA Members/Booksellers who book before the 25th February attend the conference for FREE