Position: Digital Publishing Assistant
Reporting to: Digital Manager – Education
Gill Education, Ireland’s leading publisher of educational titles, are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced individual to help support the creation, delivery and maintenance of eBooks and digital resources. This is a varied position offering the successful candidate the opportunity to work closely with the production, editorial and digital teams learning key skills imperative to the overall publishing process.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Create master lists and tracking documents for asset and eBook development
• Create and maintain digital publishing schedules
• Create, design and publish digital resources and eBooks
• Optimise final print PDFs for eBook creation
• Optimise digital assets for system uploads
• Proof and test all digital resources and eBooks before and after platform uploads
• Liase with authors, designers and commissioning editors to create digital content
• Liase with 3rd party vendors in the creation of large scale digital projects
• Maintain all Live content on our digital platform Key Competencies
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• A meticulous eye for detail
• Excellent design, user experience and user interface skills
• Ability to work across functions to find solutions
• Flexibile to work successfully within a fast-paced, high-pressured environment
• A keen interest in how technology can be used to improve the education experience
• Relevent Third Level Qualification
• Proofreading and copyediting experience essential
• Experience working in the Publishing industry a distinct advantage
Apply with CV and covering letter by 8 October 2021 to Deborah Marsh at: firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copy to 10 Hume Avenue, Park West, Dublin D12 YV96.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.