Gill Education, Ireland’s leading publisher of educational and trade titles, is seeking a Senior Project Editor for its demanding education department. The successful candidate will be an experienced editor and project manager, with the ability to manage and monitor complex projects from an early stage through to publication.
· Assist the commissioning editors before the writing begins: arranging/attending author meetings, taking/distributing notes, compiling schedules, monitoring progress, etc.
· Work closely with the commissioning editor to create clear and comprehensive briefs for editorial, production, marketing, sales and digital team members.
· Ensure files are supplied on time and are ready for handover to editors.
· Be the main point of contact for authors, editors and illustrators.
· Liaise closely with production department to create and monitor schedules from submission through to publication.
· Ensure excellent communication and clarity between all members of the project team.
· Monitor all aspects of the editorial and production process and enforce consistent standards throughout.
· Ensure consistency throughout projects in terms of editing, style sheets and content.
· Liaise with editorial assistant to ensure all picture research has been carried out and all copyright has been cleared.
· Carry out critical editorial checks before final output to print/online platforms.
· Support the commissioning editors with any additional tasks required to ensure projects are/remain in line with market needs and are kept within budget.
· Liaise with marketing department on promotional material and covers.
· Manage digital assets, including managing editors, briefs and schedules.
· Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
· Excellent diplomacy and negotiating skills.
· Ability to coordinate various elements required to deliver projects.
· Decision-making and initiative.
· Ability to prioritise and manage time efficiently.
· Attention to detail.
· Flexibility and conscientiousness.
· Ability to work as part of a diverse team.
· Third-level qualification.
· 3–4 years’ experience as a project editor.
· Experience managing a team.
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Apply with CV and cover letter by Friday, 28 October 2022 to Deborah Marsh (firstname.lastname@example.org), Directors’ & Editorial Assistant, Gill Education, Hume Avenue, Park West, Dublin 12.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.