Website The Educational Company of Ireland (EDCO)
Ireland’s leading school book publisher.
The Educational Company of Ireland ( Edco) wishes to recruit an enthusiastic, hard-working Junior Editor to join their busy team. The Junior Editor will assist the editorial staff with various tasks, as well as managing some of their own projects. This is an excellent opportunity for an adaptable individual looking for their next challenge and to develop their skills while working within a dynamic, growing team.
• Copyright clearance
• Photo research
• Copyediting and proofreading
• Collating and checking corrections
• Briefing illustrators and checking illustrations
• Project management
• Administrative tasks
• Creating and checking digital resources
• Contributing to social media campaigns
Key Competencies, Experience and Qualifications
• Education to Degree level, or equivalent
• Some experience within the publishing industry (three to six months or more)
• Exceptional time management and prioritising skills
• Project management and organisational skills
• Copyediting and proofreading skills
• An interest in design, digital learning experiences and multimedia
• Good IT skills (particularly MS Word)
• An interest in education
Knowledge of the Irish language, and/or an interest in Maths would be advantageous.
To apply for this role, please forward your CV with a short paragraph, outlining your interest in the role and salary expectations, by Friday 27th May 2022 to
CEO and Publisher
The Educational Company of Ireland
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.