Website Veritas Publications and Beehive Books
Senior Publicity Manager
A wonderful opportunity has come up for an experienced Senior Publicity Manager to join Veritas Publications and Beehive Books to lead innovative, impactful and strategic media and events campaigns.
We are looking for ambitious, creative and talented candidates with strong experience delivering effective publicity campaigns and events. You will also be working with authors, illustrators and other teams in marketing, sales and editorial, so clear and effective communication and the ability to forge strong relationships are key for this role.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working alongside the marketing department to devise and deliver strategic publicity and marketing plans for each title, with a key focus on reporting and sharing up-to- date media knowledge. Experience in publishing would be beneficial as well as a strong understanding of publicity. You will be joining a collaborative and supportive publications team to work on a variety of leading titles from non-fiction and lifestyle, children’s books, theology, religious, history and spiritual titles as well as exciting debuts.
With a background in the publishing, arts or media industries, you will have experience working across a variety of campaigns. You will be able to expertly create multi-platform campaigns that break out debut talent and build established authors and illustrators to new heights. You will be adept at forging and maintaining excellent relationships with new and existing authors and illustrators, leading on and communicating publicity plans and updates, and delivering excellent author and agent care.
– Deliver best-in-class and sales-driving campaigns for established authors and illustrators, and launching the careers of others; work across all formats (hardback, eBook and audio)
– Ensure campaigns are planned, coordinated and appropriately creative and ambitious, and communicate results effectively both to internal and external stakeholders, through leading in title planning meetings, presentations and the creation of timely, comprehensive and eye-catching updates
– Planning and delivering innovative, impactful marketing and publicity campaigns across a number of genres, including religion, theology, history, lifestyle, non-fiction and children’s books
– Promoting our lists including award-winning backlist titles, as well as established forthcoming and frontlist titles
– Organise and manage book launches and author tours within budget to maximise book sales. Work creatively alongside event and festival organisers to bring authors to the consumer in new and dynamic ways
– Build relationships with colleagues across the business, including in editorial, sales and marketing, and communicate effectively with our international contacts on relevant titles to create cohesive international campaigns
– You will be happy to organise/attend events across the country and occasionally work outside of office hours to facilitate these events
This is a full-time permanent position, offering a competitive salary and hybrid working conditions. References will be sought for shortlisted candidates following the interviews, which will take place in mid-September 2022.
Please send your cover letter and CV to Síne Quinn, managing and commissioning editor. Deadline: Wednesday, 7 September 2022. Email: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.