Publicity Course for Publishers with Aoife Barry
Join Us for the Publicity Course for Publishers with Aoife Barry!
Are you looking for a way to stay ahead of the curve in the ever-changing world of publicity, especially in the digital age? Look no further than our exciting online event – the Publicity Course for Publishers with Aoife Barry!
Renowned industry expert, Aoife Barry, will provide valuable insights and practical tips over two days – starting on Wednesday, January 24th and Thursday, January 25th.
You can expect to learn about
- Effective publicity strategies.
- Leveraging social media platforms.
- Engaging with influencers.
- Maximising online visibility for publishers.
Aoife will speak from the point of view of a journalist, former assistant news editor, and an author (Social Capital, HarperCollins Ireland) about:
- Targeted and thoughtful PR for books – why it’s important from a journalist and writer’s perspective
- The importance of the book’s key messaging
- Communicating with journalists in a fast-paced media world
- Effectively preparing authors for print interviews
- Effectively preparing authors for broadcast interviews
- Matching your book/author to media outlet
- Managing the author/publisher relationship and expectations during publicity
Whether you’re an experienced publisher or just starting, this event is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your publicity skills.
Don’t miss out on this invaluable learning experience!
Aoife Barry is the author of the bestselling non-fiction book Social Capital (HarperCollins Ireland), about Ireland’s evolving relationship with social media. Her essays and fiction have been published by Banshee Journal, ThiWurd, and Visual Verse. She has also written several radio essays which were broadcast on Sunday Miscellany. She is a freelance arts and features journalist and broadcaster and is based in Dublin. A former assistant news editor at The Journal, she has over a decade’s experience in digital media. She has interviewed notable people including Roddy Doyle, Anne Enright, John Banville, Cate Blanchett, Pedro Pascal, Colm Bairéad, and Neil Jordan. Her bylines include the Irish Times, The Journal, the Irish Independent, the Business Post and the Examiner. She features regularly on RTÉ Radio One, Ireland AM and Today FM. She has won three merit awards at the Justice Media Awards. Aoife has received Agility Award Funding from the Arts Council for a novel in progress, and was selected by the Irish Writer’s Centre for its Evolution Programme 2023.