Established in 1979, Guildhall Press operates as a social enterprise arts and cultural organisation within the social economy sector and is constituted as a company limited by guarantee.
As Ireland’s premier independent publishing house, we produce a diverse range of quality publications focusing on Derry and the North West region of Ireland for distribution worldwide.
Our overall mission is to create a comprehensive reference source to enable the local population to learn more about their city and facilitate interested visitors discover its place in time and history.
Aims and Objectives
Our aims and objectives are to:
• Support and encourage individuals, groups and communities throughout N Ireland to express their cultural and artistic beliefs, experiences and aspirations by providing suitable platforms for their expression
• Provide educational, cultural and practical assistance in the areas of publishing, design and internet use for beneficiaries in the wider community
• Promote awareness of, and access to, the written and visual arts and cultural expression in the area of benefit through the most appropriate means
• Promote research into the history and culture of all our communities and the publication and dissemination of the useful results of such research
• Advance knowledge, education and understanding of and between all our communities
• Sustain a viable community-based arts enterprise employing local people and advance, promote and encourage their skills and knowledge through training and learning
We specialise in high-quality photographic collections and informative local history publications that preserve and celebrate the rich cultural, historical and social heritage of the region.
We support and promote the best in literary and general fiction output from authors wishing to express their creativity and seeking recognition for their work on the global stage.
We also assist individuals, creative writers’ groups and non-profit organisations refine, design and produce publications or informational material to promote their specific aims or services on a partnership basis.
Guildhall Press also offers the following services in partnership with our sister organisation The Hive Studio@Ráth Mór (www.hivestudio.org):
• Contract publishing
• Editorial, copy-writing and proofing services
• Book sales, distribution and marketing
• Research facility
• Photographic services
• Image sourcing and archiving agency
• Graphic design
• Internet/web development
• Ebook/App development