Voluntary Company Secretary – Board of Publishing Ireland
Established in 1970, Publishing Ireland is a membership organisation representing book publishers from throughout Ireland. We have a committed, enthusiastic Board and offer a wide variety of relevant and interesting training events, an annual publishing conference, and opportunities for publishers to network.
We are currently seeking a voluntary Company Secretary to join the Board.
The Company Secretary role is to ensure the company is compliant with company law including to:
- ensure compliance with the Companies Registration Office (CRO)
- ensure the company’s constitution is compliant with company law
- ensure the company’s statutory registers are kept in compliance with company law. These include:
- Reviewing the Minutes of Board Meetings to ensure accuracy
- Reviewing the Minutes of Members’ Meetings (AGMs and EGMs)
- Updating the Register of Company Secretaries and Directors
- Updating the Register of Members
- Updating the Register of Fixed Assets
- act as a second signatory on corporate documents
- ensure the company’s letterhead is compliant with company law
- file changes in the company’s officers with the CRO
- attend board meetings (to ensure minutes are kept in accordance with company law)
- ensure meetings of members (AGMs and EGMs) are held in accordance with company law
The successful candidate will be a member of one of the following bodies:
- the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
Be a barrister, advocate or solicitor called or admitted in Ireland.
The role requires 3-5 hours per month and can be undertaken remotely.